Thinking of emigrating to New Zealand - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 3rd October 2014, 05:46 AM

escapedtonz will become famous soon enoughescapedtonz will become famous soon enough
829 likes received
21 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from england. Users Flag! Expat in newzealand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspirant910 View Post
This is what I have got when i did PAR for my masters . I am not sure if I should go for bachelors degree assessment or file EOI ? Thank you for your application. The Pre-assessment Result for your nominated qualification, Master of Engineering awarded in 2006 by Birla Institute of Technology, Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi Jharkhand 835215, India. Pre-assessment Result: On the information available, the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) assesses this qualification as comparable to the learning outcome of a qualification at Level 8 on the New Zealand Qualification Framework.
I think you should go for assessment of the BE instead of submitting EOI quoting the Masters as you risk immigration removing all points associated with an occupation off the LTSSL as a Masters doesn't meet the requirements regardless of the assessment level, although even that is too high. I think you need 7.

If I was you I'd have the BE assessed and submit the EOI with reference to both qualifications.

Not intended as immigration advice.
EOI submitted Jan 2010. ITA Jan 2010. ITA submitted Apr 2010. RV approved June 2011. Passports stickered and back to us Aug 2011. Secured job Dec 2011. Arrived Mar 2012. PRV Mar 2014......now eligible for citizenship but at $1175 Yeah but Nah!!!