Where to tax UK rental income - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2011, 04:49 PM

Stravinsky has a reputation beyond reputeStravinsky has a reputation beyond reputeStravinsky has a reputation beyond reputeStravinsky has a reputation beyond reputeStravinsky has a reputation beyond reputeStravinsky has a reputation beyond reputeStravinsky has a reputation beyond reputeStravinsky has a reputation beyond reputeStravinsky has a reputation beyond reputeStravinsky has a reputation beyond reputeStravinsky has a reputation beyond repute
766 likes received
288 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in spain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hepa View Post
Sravinsky, Yes I agree with you, just wish that the interpretation of the legislation and regulations was uniform across Spain.

I have also thought of moving the O.A.P. to Spain for tax purposes, but so far I have been put off by the hassle involved,

Hepa
Its no hassle. One form. The only down side is that because you haven't put in a tax return in Spain, you wont be able to lodge something proving you have been available for tax here. You would need to go to the local hacienda with your residencia etc and try to get a certificate of tax.

Then they send all that to HMRC Nottingham who process it.

My wife pays no tax at all on her two pensions now ... one "taxed" in the UK, the other in Spain