New to Uae / Ras Al khaimah - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2011, 08:47 AM

ColinRAK is on a distinguished road

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in uae.
Default New to Uae / Ras Al khaimah

Hello,

I moved out to RAK about 2 months ago to take a job. I must say this place is very different from the United States. I have done my best to keep an open mind and not get to frustrated with the way things are out here. Now that I have adjusted and know the do's and don'ts, it is actually pretty pleasant. It isnt my beloved USA, but it's not all bad

The only thing that RAK is missing is people my age (27). Or maybe they are here... I just havent found them yet. Not really a major issue, but sometimes it is nice to call someone just to have a beer with.... and maybe hear there story.

I am not really sure where I am going with this post, but i'm new to this forum and just thought I would introduce myself.

I'm Colin, I am from Chicago, IL. I came out here to take a chance on a new job, I have done all of the touristy things in Dubai (it was fun, but just to say i did them). I have gone quad biking and beach brunching, always fun, but getting hot out.

Feel free to introduce yourself to me, I am very nice and suggest some fun activities.

-Colin