Got a JOB Offer - View Single Post
Thread: Got a JOB Offer
View Single Post
Old 20th August 2014, 06:31 AM

tlnavi is on a distinguished road
2 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in newzealand.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapedtonz View Post
Ok congratulations!
Just making sure you could walk before running as the saying goes!

So you're planning to come to NZ in September 2014 so in around a month ?

While you have the chance I would look through Jobs on SEEK - New Zealand's no.1 Employment, Career and Recruitment site and Buy online and sell with NZ's #1 auction & classifieds site | Trade Me for suitable vacancies and just apply but ensuring you give the information that you already have a visa that will allow you to live and work in NZ permanently and that you have already booked travel and state when you will be available to see them face to face.

Next, once you've been through all the possible vacancies, research companies who you would like to work for and just send them a cover letter explaining who you are, your circumstances and that you are coming to NZ and are looking for work. State when you are arriving and that you will be available for face to face discussion. Attach a cv and post it out. Maybe even send a copy of your qualification certificate ?
This shows that you are taking the initiative by cold calling employers/companies.

Hopefully you'll have a few replies even before you set foot in NZ and you can then take it from there.

As for accommodation just look on Buy online and sell with NZ's #1 auction & classifieds site | Trade Me
You'll not be able to register from overseas but you should be able to get details of the agents or private people that are offering rooms, apartments etc for rent.
There are loads of websites also.
Just google "rooms to rent in Auckland" or "flat share Auckland" or "house share Auckland" etc.
Thanks a lot
Started doing few things already...