Life in Isabela Province? - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 3rd April 2011, 01:37 PM

Sam-In-Iraq is on a distinguished road
1 likes received

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.
Default Next visit...

Hey Gene,
Thanks for another great response. I am planning to take an R&R in May & fly from here in Iraq through Dubai & back over to Phil. By then I should know what our future is here in-country and can plan appropriately. I will pick up my wife & do some traveling around to the Subic area & then most likely down to Bacolod to check it out. I think I have her convinced that I will only be happy away from any big cities and most happy in a rural environment. I have been here in Iraq for the past 3 years and I only want a simple chance at peace & quiet & hopefully in a nice tropical setting.
Yeah I really plan on getting back over to the Subic area at least to check out all the changes. I actually have a man here that I work with that lives near Angeles City & he was at Subic back in the US Navy on board the USS Independence. I was in & out of there from 82-84 with the Marine Corps and I am sure that Olongapo has changed much since those days...hopefully. It would be fun to see that whole area again as an older more mature fellow instead of the foolish & crazy young Marine.
I really love the Philippines & the Pinays...the people are great for the most part. Any way take care brother & thanks again for the responses each time.

Sam