Italian lawyers? - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 26th August 2008, 06:28 PM

dario is on a distinguished road

Users Flag! Expat in italy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraJ70 View Post
Hi All

I am new to this forum so maybe this question has already been asked before. I'm planning to buy a small townhouse in Italy together with my partner of 8 years and we need to instruct an Italian lawyer to draw up a purchase agreement. We will contribute to the purchase price in equal shares but we do not intend to get married: from some research I have done on the web, Italian rules are different from Britain so we need to make sure that we cover both angles.

Can someone recommend a good English-speaking solicitor in Italy or in London? what sort of legal fees shall we budget to cover legal and notary? I have been told that 3-5% should be enough for both?

Thanks for your help!
Laura
Sorry if I blow my own trumpet. I'm a dual qualified italian-english solcitor. I pratice in Italy, in Abruzzo, and can be contacted by e mail at:

[email protected]

You are right in saying that the laws regarding division of the quotas are different respect to the english point of view and would need to be set out in the notary contract.

Legal fees vary according to the purchase price and are usually around 1.500 - 2.500. It is roughly the same for notaries.

Where in Italy do you intend to buy?

regards,

Dario Di Pietropaolo