I will be travelling to Melbourne on a long term assignment on Mid April. Can you guide me on the below.
1. How would be cost of living. Will I be able to manage monthly expenses within 2000 Aus$.
2. Things need to be carried to Aus from India?
3. Im also bringing in my family (spouse and 1 year old kid). Hence would like to know, if I will get all the groceries, masalas and spices there (Indian standard).
4. How would be the climate? Is it adviseable to get the leather jackets, thermals for my kid from India or is it worth getting it there.
5. Any specific electronic or kitchen appliance like mixie, grinder, need to be carried.
6. Will I get an one bedroom house immediately or should i start searching for one thru net. Advice me on the safest & nearby places. I would be working in Elizabeth street, Melbourne.
Thanks in advance.