Will France recognize our American church wedding? - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 11th February 2011, 07:51 AM
Super Moderator

Bevdeforges has a reputation beyond reputeBevdeforges has a reputation beyond reputeBevdeforges has a reputation beyond reputeBevdeforges has a reputation beyond reputeBevdeforges has a reputation beyond reputeBevdeforges has a reputation beyond reputeBevdeforges has a reputation beyond reputeBevdeforges has a reputation beyond reputeBevdeforges has a reputation beyond reputeBevdeforges has a reputation beyond reputeBevdeforges has a reputation beyond repute
9400 likes received
1223 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in france.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julievmk View Post
I called the county courthouse and the clerk told me they do the certified marriage certificate right there, and it costs $3. Do you think she gave me the wrong info?
Depends on what they mean by "certified" - but you might want to check with the French consulate in San Francisco to see if they'll accept it. (If they will, go for it!)

It may still take a bit of time to get the livret de famille as it seems like they are requiring the fact of the marriage be posted to the French spouse's birth record before they'll issue the livret. This can take a bit of time, depending on the town your fiancÚ was born in.
Cheers,
Bev