Mexico & Humidity - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 21st January 2011, 03:58 AM

makaloco has a reputation beyond reputemakaloco has a reputation beyond reputemakaloco has a reputation beyond reputemakaloco has a reputation beyond reputemakaloco has a reputation beyond reputemakaloco has a reputation beyond reputemakaloco has a reputation beyond reputemakaloco has a reputation beyond reputemakaloco has a reputation beyond reputemakaloco has a reputation beyond reputemakaloco has a reputation beyond repute
184 likes received
240 likes given

Users Flag! Expat in mexico.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks View Post
If you need the ocean then it will be humid ... maybe less so in Baja.
Baa California Sur is generally less humid than coastal areas of the mainland, because of the desert and offshore winds, combined with very little rainfall most of the year. But it does get muggy during the worst of tropical storm season (generally mid-August through mid-October) when the wind drops or comes off the warm water. I've seen actual temps of 107-108 with heat index as high as 120, although that's unusual. I'm acclimated and don't have AC, but I start considering it on those days!

Other parts of the peninsula (Pacific side, especially farther north) are cooler, but not necessarily drier, and the water tends to be cold.