Finally Moved & Happy As! - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 25th December 2010, 12:35 PM

Zenji has a reputation beyond reputeZenji has a reputation beyond reputeZenji has a reputation beyond reputeZenji has a reputation beyond reputeZenji has a reputation beyond reputeZenji has a reputation beyond reputeZenji has a reputation beyond reputeZenji has a reputation beyond reputeZenji has a reputation beyond reputeZenji has a reputation beyond reputeZenji has a reputation beyond repute

Users Flag! Originally from australia. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default Finally Moved & Happy As!

Hi guys,

I finally made the BIG move to Australia. That happened back in October. So many things happened but being and down I couldn't get back to the forum to update you on my progress.
Well, at last I have found time to break the silence!

As you all know, I was based in New Zealand on a work visa that restricted me to working for one employer - that really sucked like hell. I don't want to remember how tough that was for me but am glad God blessed me with Australian Permanent Residency.
Anyhow, on Sunday 17th October I finally relocated. My flights where set for Perth through Melbourne.
Prior to this I had arranged interviews with two local recruitment firms in Melbourne. On arrival, I obviously checked into a backpacker right in the middle of Melbourne(Flinders Street).
On Wednesday I had my first face to face interview and that went well. I then had three others and they all loved me. One employer pretty much offered me the job there and then.
Interestingly, I turned down that offer and hoped to get offered a job by my first interviewer. I was so wrong! They later turned me me down - lol...
Ohh, by the way I turned down the rest as well since they didn't meet my requirements.
Okay, so two weeks in Melbourne down and I had to move on as my flight to Perth was due. I had no idea what to expect in Perth as I hadn't set up any interviews but I was positive things would turn out right.

On reaching Perth I checked into another backpacker and did nothing for about two weeks. One day I saw an ad in the paper, called the guy up then saw him at 6pm and he offered me the job but I turned it down two days later.
I just didn't want to waste his time.

By now you must be wondering if I even found a job that met my "requirements" - , well I did and you know what I was offered over $150,000! At this point I said yes, and have since lived like a KING.
You should see me, just sing Australian praises every day.
I must admit that this is a dream come true for me and I will forever call Australia home. I love it here, everything is great. I couldn't even start explaining because the list goes on and on.
One phrase sums it all - I AM PROUDLY AUSTRALIAN!

That's me. Thanks to everyone on this forum for the support.

Dennis
P.S - Look forward to seeing you guys in my country!