Spouse Visa - Help/Review Needed - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 9th June 2014, 08:29 PM

nyclon has a reputation beyond reputenyclon has a reputation beyond reputenyclon has a reputation beyond reputenyclon has a reputation beyond reputenyclon has a reputation beyond reputenyclon has a reputation beyond reputenyclon has a reputation beyond reputenyclon has a reputation beyond reputenyclon has a reputation beyond reputenyclon has a reputation beyond reputenyclon has a reputation beyond repute
2775 likes received
396 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in uk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zee09 View Post
thanks very much to the both of you, extremely valuable and helpful feedback.

few more questions:
1. Missy L: do you have a link of where you saw that 12months are required?
Missy is wrong. Have you read FM 1.7? If you are applying under Category A you need 6 months of financial proof. If you are applying under Category B you're need 12.

Quote:
2. on the appendix 2 form it asks how often do we communicate. i plan on stating "daily, if not few times a week." we do talk daily but providing few screenshots a month, will they not scruitinize that?
They just want to know that you have kept in contact through the duration of your relationship. 1-2 screen shots every 6 months is fine. Do not go overboard.

Quote:
3. how is it recommended to bind the sections- with paperclips or staples?
Make 1 pile of originals with all financial together, accommodation together and relationship together. Put your copies in the same order. Tie each pile with string like a package.

Quote:
4. Descriptions of photos, do they need to include details of who is in thr picture, or a simple format such as date, description(event/place)? does every phot lo need to be labelled?

Date and description. If you have some with family point them out.

Quote:
5. Im worried that 10-15 is too little but then also worried that providing too many will be detrimental? i will definitely try and cut down the 117 pics of main wedding event.
10-15 is the max. Anything over that is going overboard and ridiculous. They are not going to sift through 100s of photos. They just want to see the 2 of you together.

Quote:
6. theres a question on the form about living together akin to marriage. do i write here that i lived with her during our honeymoon and during my stay in pakistan?
That is for unmarried partners.

Quote:
7. i read that UKBA dont accept paper based certificates of ielts etc, its verified online. Is this the case? if so, do i still need to wait for the delivery of the certificate or just submit as soon as i find out online that shes passed?
8. i recently found out about the KET exam..its more basic than ielts which would actually suit my wife better than the ielts. Im planning to also get her to take the KET incase the ielts doesnt go as planned. What is the difference between A1/A2 and which is accepted by UKBA?
I think you need A1.

Last edited by nyclon; 9th June 2014 at 10:35 PM.