Driving and vehicle repair in the philippines - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 8th December 2010, 05:45 PM

Asian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond repute
4098 likes received
5087 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.
Wink Cops with empty pockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsiaBill View Post
"Helping" Philippine Traffic Police "help" me by warning me instead of issuing me a citation or any type of ticket is 10 times cheaper than the huge fees charged in the States like U$85 for a minute late on a parking meter in NYC or a U$25 parking ticket in front of our daughter's high school sponsored flea market in Fairfield CT or a speeding ticket in my hometown Des Moines Iowa or a DUI anywhere in the USA. Driving in the Philippines is nearly citation FREE not like the "police state" we call "home" or where we Americans grew up. There are much LESS serious car accidents here in the Philippines compared to the States; spend 15 minutes searching for the stats on how many Americans die or are seriously injured per capita compared to the same Stats here in the RP!!! Should a fatality occur the cost of life benefit liability for a driver here in RP is only a small fraction of the financial liability and life interruption situation a driver faces in the States. The FACTS say it all.
What you say and the information you are giving is true without a doubt. The biggest problem lies in the fact that we are foreigners in a country where law means almost nothing and is changeable just because we ARE foreigners. In most any accident or encounter with police we will be found at fault and charged (on the spot) accordingly.
Both my wife and I work with the Brgy police in our town and also with the PNP (anti drug unit) in the same area. So I know these things to be true. Especially in and around Angeles City and Manila.
I/we do drive but only because membership in the police agencies provides me with protection that would not be available otherwise.

Gene...

Be part of Flight Aware Free

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit Expat Forum on Facebook too...