EOI Selection - December 2nd 2010 - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 4th December 2010, 04:24 PM

topcat83 has a reputation beyond reputetopcat83 has a reputation beyond reputetopcat83 has a reputation beyond reputetopcat83 has a reputation beyond reputetopcat83 has a reputation beyond reputetopcat83 has a reputation beyond reputetopcat83 has a reputation beyond reputetopcat83 has a reputation beyond reputetopcat83 has a reputation beyond reputetopcat83 has a reputation beyond reputetopcat83 has a reputation beyond repute
277 likes received
208 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from england. Users Flag! Expat in newzealand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmairSuleman View Post
Hello everyone,
This is my first post in this forum, but I have been going through various past and current posts over the last couple of weeks, I really appreciate this forum and all posters and administrators for having such open discussions on various minor issues during the entire application process.

Brief Description on my current situation:
Living in Dubai working in an IT field, married with a 5 month baby girl.
I had submitted by expression of interest (EOI) on November 28th with a points total of 120, these included 10 points for Work Experience in an Area of Absolute Skill Shortage.

Checking the updates on the New Zealand Immigration site, they had a selection on 2nd December, 2010. The last category mentioned they selected EOI with 115 points having 10 Points for work experience in an Area of Absolute Skill Shortage. Usually they mention these selections giving a range, for example between 115 and 135 points, this time they mentioned just 115 points, do you think I would qualify with my EOI in this selection? I have 120 points and not 115??? (I know this might sound lame, but i am slightly worried)

Also, I had submitted my EOI mentioning by education level degree as Level 7. Simultaneously, I had submitted my application to NZQA for PAR for my degree, I received their reply yesterday confirming that it is a qualification with a Level 7. Now should I wait for someone to contact me or should i just update my EOI, i dont really know if i should update when I might have been already selected.

Another small query, I had submitted my old passport details, then going through this forum I realized, my wife and myself both dont have 1 year validities on our passports, thus would it be a problem updating my info at a later stage with new passports for both of us?

Also, how long would it take for these guys to contact me if my EOI was selected?

Thank you for your support. I hope you guys can answer my queries and calm my nerves a bit

Cheers.
Umair
Hi Umair - did you apply on-line? If so, you'll be able to view your status on-line. Otherwise - it might be a couple of weeks before you're sent the initial invitation to apply.

it doesn't look as if the news section of the website has been updated with this fortnight's selections yet - where did you see the results? I don't think having more points than the lowest mentioned will be an issue Just be aware that not all EOIs are selected - especially at the lower end of the points range. And recently it has been hit and miss whether applicants with 10 points for work experience in an area of absolute skill shortage have been selected.

Good luck.