Info on how to get teaching jobs please - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 4th November 2010, 09:23 PM

Veryblessed is on a distinguished road

Users Flag! Originally from england. Users Flag! Expat in uae.
Question Info on how to get teaching jobs please

My husband and I are hoping to move to Dubai next September. We are looking for jobs but are not sure where is best to find one as we are looking for leadership positions. He is looking for headteacher, head of school positions and I am looking for head of year, assistant head, history teacher jobs. We have been told to go to one of the fairs they hold in london but I am not sure that they would have positions suitable for my husband at those. (If he gets a job before then I know that would be a good place for me to go, but as his will be harder to find we are focusing on his first.)
We are using the TES but not all positions are on there. Is there an online Dubai newspaper where they are advertised? Or can anyone sugest anywhere else?

My next question is assuming he gets a job and I am still looking. I know that most packages only include 2 children and that once he gets one I may be seen as a local hire but is that just once I am in Dubai? If I am offered a job before September then can I ask for part of a package as well, funding for a school place and medical, etc for our third child. What is the norm in this situation?

I would like to say thanks to all who use this forum, as although this is the first time I have listed I have been reading it for months and it is very helpful.
Thanks