Driving and vehicle repair in the philippines - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 14th October 2010, 08:29 AM

Asian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond repute
4098 likes received
5087 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.
Thumbs up Driving

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiemarshall View Post
thanks for the advice ive been looking to get a licence here but am unsure as to wether i wish to drive it looks kaotic to me
Hi and welcome to the site,

Driving here is nothing less than insanity on wheels! However, I should also state that there are many of us expats that manage to get by with little or no problems.
If you live in a gated subdivision owning a car or van is not bad as you have a protected area to park at night. Other areas would be a bit risky for car theft and kids scratching or marking it up.

Since you are from Australia, perhaps you know Rod Hegerty, owner of the Swagman Hotel in Manila and Broadwater Marine.
He's been living in and driving all over the Philippines for more years than you could imagine. He has had very few problems and still going strong.
So it may just depend on the person and also a little bit of luck too.

Gene...

Be part of Flight Aware Free

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit Expat Forum on Facebook too...