Bowling in Phils? - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 25th March 2014, 02:13 AM

jon1 has a reputation beyond reputejon1 has a reputation beyond reputejon1 has a reputation beyond reputejon1 has a reputation beyond reputejon1 has a reputation beyond reputejon1 has a reputation beyond reputejon1 has a reputation beyond reputejon1 has a reputation beyond reputejon1 has a reputation beyond reputejon1 has a reputation beyond reputejon1 has a reputation beyond repute
1249 likes received
431 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonAndAbby View Post
Jon, there is an old bowling alley in Olongapo City but I am not sure if it is operational. Have you ever peeked in? I think it is on Gordon Ave.

Starmall Alabang has a nice, large, modern bowling alley. Starmall is on the east side of SLEX, across from Festival Mall on the West Side. Starmall is not as nice as Festival but the bowling alley is nice.

There were some good bowlers practicing when we bowled at Starmall. A couple of young guys using that trendy technique of not using finger holes and throwing a giant hook. A couple of good female bowlers too. They must have some night leagues there.

I don't mind bowling with a house ball but it was hard to find a good ball with large finger holes, and I think the max weight was 14 lbs. The house shoes were in fine shape (I doubt that the size 12s get used much!) but as with most house shoes I was sliding all over the place because both shoes were sliders. If you go bowling and are serious, bring your shoes. I have mine here now for the next time.
Never noticed but now that I am back I might check that out.

When I lived in Eastwood City (Quezon), there was a very nice bowling alley in the mall there. It also had about 15 pool tables. This seems to be the business model (bowling and billiards).