Adaptation of English speaking children in German public schools - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 4th March 2014, 09:53 AM

Ivuza is on a distinguished road

Users Flag! Originally from czechrepublic. Users Flag! Expat in germany.
Default Adaptation of English speaking children in German public schools

Hello,

I would appreciate any experience with placing English speaking children to German public school. (If you know of some in Munich - please share school's name.)

We will be moving from UK to Munich in October 2014. We made our decision to relocate for good to be closer to our families - I am from Czech Republic and my husband is from Hungary. Non of us speak fluent German but we are wiling to learn intensively. We have three daughters. The youngest will be 2 years in May and I am not worried about her but the oldest will be 9 in October and the middle one 7 in June. They are very nice and friendly, clever girls and I hope they won't have any problem to find a new friends but I don't know how well they will cope with the new language. I know they are children and they can learn quickly but I would like to hear any reinsurance.
My husband runs his own software business and I am now stay at home mum (I used to be a primary teacher but nowadays I am more happy to work from home on my own projects.. ).
We were thinking to place our children to international school but - to not talking about the costs - we would like them to integrate to German life. English will probably stays as our main home language - the same for 'our mum to daughters secret czech language' .

Munich is a beautiful city and we love the endless opportunity of any outdoor fun - over whole year. Right now we are living in a beautiful town Exmouth in southwest England and enjoining here the lovely Devon seacoast. We will miss this place and our friends and all lovely Exmouthers. But we look forward to new experiences, people, adventures and the fact - we are only a few hours drive from our families - is just fantastic.

Thank you for any input! Have a lovely day everyone!

Iva