New Occupation List for FSW Category 1 - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 28th June 2010, 02:42 PM

ammaartahir is on a distinguished road

Users Flag! Originally from pakistan. Users Flag! Expat in canada.

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum. I seek your advice in the following matter:

I have been working as a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer for the last 2.5 years. In the latest skilled occupation list, I went through all the relevant occupations and found out that the description of the occupation:
7216 Contractors and Supervisors, Mechanic Trades
is very close to my job description. I mean I've been supervising the machinery (pumps, turbines, compressors, etc) personnel for the last 2.5years. But while going through the description of the aforementioned occupation, I came to know that for employment one needs to have a secondary school certificate while I am bachelors in Mech Engg! I mean can I still apply for immigration knowing that my job description matches that mentioned in the description of this occupation, although I have a higher degree? or only those with secondary school certificates can apply for immigration in this context??

One more thing, can anyone tell me what would be the total charges of immigration for my wife and me?