Angry and Frustrated - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 8th June 2010, 12:29 PM

gino has a reputation beyond reputegino has a reputation beyond reputegino has a reputation beyond reputegino has a reputation beyond reputegino has a reputation beyond reputegino has a reputation beyond reputegino has a reputation beyond reputegino has a reputation beyond reputegino has a reputation beyond reputegino has a reputation beyond reputegino has a reputation beyond repute
1 likes received

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in usa.
Default Unjustly maligned

It seems my omission of a few details for the sake of brevity and comic effect has inadvertently painted an unfair image of Marylyn.

Iím quite certain she is not part of the scam. She hasnít profited from this except by spending the money I initially sent her for the tickets. A week or so after the travel agency refused to sell her the tickets without an invitation letter, she told me she had spent part of the money. If it were a matter of concern to me, I could have objected, told her she would have to repay me, cancelled the trip or insisted she not spend any more of the money, but I did not. I told her not to worry about it. By this, I did not intend to give her license to spend the rest of the money, but neither did I prohibit or discourage her from doing so. She had had her heart set on a trip that had been unjustly denied her. Naturally, she wanted to indulge herself in some other way by getting her hair done or buying a new outfit or calling her sister in Australia. While inviting a girl to join you for a vacation in another country is probably not a good time to be ขี้เหนียว.

Marylyn has her own agenda that doesnít always coincide with mine. I suggested she bring an outfit I bought her for when we go dancing. Her plan is to bring a minimum of clothes, so Iíll be obliged to buy her new outfits. But sheís not being devious about it. Thatís just the way girls are. Besides, Iím sure the jeans I bought her two years ago are no longer in fashion, even if my lack of fashion sense precludes recognizing how hopelessly outmoded theyíve become.

On the other hand, I suspect the travel agency will pocket half of the VIP processing fee.