Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

CASH allowed to bring into Spain

49K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  xicoalc 
#1 ·
How much physical cash (per person) can you bring into Spain?

Thanks

#3 ·
There are forms and declarations you are supposed to make if the amount is over (I think) €6000. That doesn't mean you are't allowed to bring in more, just that you have to declare it.
You might however, encounter some practical difficulties in either sourcing that much folding in the UK or banking it in Spain - if that was your intent.
If you are bringing in money from outside the EU, the rules might be different.

#4 ·
I brought a shed-full of dosh in to purchase two properties. I did it through the Halifax, who in turn transferred it to my Halifax account in Madrid. The declaration form must be filled in, for the source, I put salary and savings.

I wanted to put Drugs and Prostitution, but Boss Lady vetoed that:confused2:

#5 ·
you can bring as much as you like even in cash, like the other person said if you are asked you need to be able to show where it came from (a uk bank statement showing the money withdrawn for example). i brought a lot of cash with me (coz the exchange rate was crap when I came accross) and had no problems. I withdrew it from a UK account and asked then for documentation showing the money was withdrawn. I also brought a few bank statements showing that it had been in my savings account for a number of years. Havingg said that nobody asked - i have driven into spain dozens of times and never been stopped! even airport stops are rare (but more likely)

when you go to bank it here though you can only pay in so much per day (i think it was £3000) otherwise they have to complete paperwork but this was easily done. It was so they could communicate with UK tax authorities about it. This only applies to non residents, once you have residency status it is fine, never been asked!

hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.