Costa Del Sol or Costa Blanca? - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 23rd January 2014, 02:30 PM

tarot650 has a reputation beyond reputetarot650 has a reputation beyond reputetarot650 has a reputation beyond reputetarot650 has a reputation beyond reputetarot650 has a reputation beyond reputetarot650 has a reputation beyond reputetarot650 has a reputation beyond reputetarot650 has a reputation beyond reputetarot650 has a reputation beyond reputetarot650 has a reputation beyond reputetarot650 has a reputation beyond repute
592 likes received
1118 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from england. Users Flag! Expat in spain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonMoore View Post
Hi
Thanks for your reply, I am coming over in a couple of months and Staying in San Pedro for a week and plan to spend most of my week hopefully looking at properties. We had originally decided to buy in Costa del Sol area, but a mortgage advisor based in Javea has been showing my partner properties in and around that area and has been telling us how nice that area is and looking at it, it is lovely, I think its going to be a very big decision as the property will be our further home so we want to get it right.
Just because somebody tells you how nice the area is dioesn't mean it's going to be right for you.As Spain is today I honestly don't envy you in your search because if you get it wrong you could end up with a millstone round your neck and some of the things you get told I would take with a pinch of salt.Even coming over for a couple of weeks you are not going to get a really true feel for the place.I suppose I count myself lucky after living here for 19years because if you bought a lemon it was very easy to sell the lemon on.Unfortunately that isn't the case now.I remember a few years back some estate agents telling prospective buyers about a new airport that was going to be built near Antequera and a lot of expats invested in the area as they thought they would be on a winner.Guess what?It never happened!!I think to get a true feel for the area's a month or two on the Costa del Sol and the same on the Costa Blanca should give you some sort of feel for the area's.Personally I love malaga but having been here for 19 years I am going to say that and vise versa for people living on the Costa Blanca.Sincerely wish you the best of luck in your search.Keep your scepticle head on and you will be OK.