Ilr? - View Single Post
Thread: Ilr?
View Single Post
Old 11th January 2014, 09:32 PM

English is on a distinguished road
4 likes received

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in uk.
Default Ilr?

Hello

I'm trying to find out what our options are.

Background: I'm from UK, hubby from USA. We married in US in April 2012 and hubby came over to UK in June 2012. We've been here since only leaving for a short trip to our orphanage in Ghana and visit to uncle in Lanzarote. We've not been back to the states at all in nearly 2 years. Bth work full time and have done consistently.

Last year we started applying for my spouse visa to move back to the states. We hired a lawyer (big mistake!) and have since had a number of issues with them. A a result my visa application won't even be looked at until sept 2014. Hubby's visa runs out in August 2014.

I am also pregnant and due in August. We are worried hubby will have to leave when I'm due to give birth.

We were looking at the possibility of him applying for ILR so he can stay and then moving later once my visa comes through and baby born. The issue we have is that it's so expensive and we don't have the funds right now and we're going to have to save money to pay for baby things but at the same time, we don't want to be apart, especially now I'm pregnant.

I want to find out if we have any other options. Is it possible to just extend his current spouse visa so he can continue living and working here temporarily until my visa comes through or do we have to apply for ILR?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks