An American laptop and a Spanish Printer - Is there a match? - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 1st January 2014, 06:40 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Xŗbia/JŠvea (so good they named it twice!) since 2003
xabiaxica has a reputation beyond reputexabiaxica has a reputation beyond reputexabiaxica has a reputation beyond reputexabiaxica has a reputation beyond reputexabiaxica has a reputation beyond reputexabiaxica has a reputation beyond reputexabiaxica has a reputation beyond reputexabiaxica has a reputation beyond reputexabiaxica has a reputation beyond reputexabiaxica has a reputation beyond reputexabiaxica has a reputation beyond repute
11533 likes received
5188 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from england. Users Flag! Expat in spain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimuyen View Post
As we are preparing for the move to Spain next summer, we want to scan our documents and take them electronically instead of hauling paper across the globe. Our printer/scanner broke so we need a new one. Question is, can a printer bought in the US be used in Spain? Or do we need to buy a printer in Spain? The last time we were there, when I printed something from the hotel, the paper was in different size than those 8x11 used in the US. It would not make good sense to invest in a good printer/scanner in the US if we can't find paper and ink for it in Spain.

We will also be bringing our laptops so that is another question, are our laptops bought in the US compatible with a printer/scanner bought in Spain?

Thanks in advance!
the laptop would be fine - my late husband's laptop was bought in the US & works just fine with the Spanish bought printer/scanner

you're right though about paper here & throughout Europe being a different size though, & I have no idea if you can buy US size paper

one point - you say you're planning to scan important docs rather than bring them..... if it's anything at all that you'll need here for anything official - the really important stuff - they will only accept original documents

Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus