Relocate to PH - questions here - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 8th November 2013, 12:58 PM

M.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond repute
2133 likes received
6733 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.

Great plan in getting your immigration papers in order before arriving here.

The high dollar kitchen items are very hard to find, not sure where a person would find a high quality espresso machine, I tried to order one online and for some reason those items couldn't be shipped to the Philippines due to restrictions...lol

Business... take your time on this, expat communities might not be large enough and many do retire here to save money.

One area that is lacking is "corn flour"... it's not found here, I've been told that I can find it here or there but? The major grocery chains do not sell corn flour, store workers will say they do..... and then they end up showing me the corn starch every single time, my neighbors have no idea what corn flour is, never heard of it, some are college educated, it's just not sold here.

I would dread dealing with the customs branch on any business decision and a good thing your selling off your stuff before arriving in the Philippines, I wouldn't want to deal with customs in any way.

I am not a regulated immigration adviser. I am offering an opinion and not advice. Check here for professional help with the Philippine Bureau of Immigration PBI https://www.facebook.com/officialbureauofimmigration or Philippine Retirement Authority PRA for an SRRV Visa https://pra.gov.ph/contact/ Always stay alert and don't let your guard down.

Last edited by M.C.A.; 8th November 2013 at 01:05 PM.