Job offer in the Philippines - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 25th October 2013, 07:22 PM

Nuno.Clerigo is on a distinguished road

Users Flag! Originally from portugal. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.
Default Job offer in the Philippines

Hello everyone,

This is my first time posting here and let me thank you in advance for any help you can provide...
I'm from Portugal, 29-years-old and single. I got a job offer as a Consultant (in the translation field) in an IT company. In fact, I still haven't gone through the interview yet, meaning that I will have to go to the Philippines soon. They said they will take care of my visa while the rest will be on me (accommodation, airfare, etc).

I was told that as far as the shifting schedule is concerned, it could be a mid shift or a night shift. With regards to my salary, there will be no benefits and it will be all inclusive with a fixed 10% tax deduction on my monthly gross salary.
I would really like to ask someone a couple of questions as I don't know much about these matters....

1. What are the usual working hours and days in the Philippines, more specifically in Manila? Are there any differences at all for expats?
2. What does inclusive salary with a fixed 10% tax deduction actually means?
3. Would a salary in the range of P50,000 - P60,000 be sufficient enough for a somewhat comfortable life in Makati/Manila?
I am very excited about this opportunity and I have been trying to read about these matters but I could really your insight on my personal situation.

Cheers