Ex Pat meeting place - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 4th December 2009, 11:50 AM

starchief has a reputation beyond reputestarchief has a reputation beyond reputestarchief has a reputation beyond reputestarchief has a reputation beyond reputestarchief has a reputation beyond reputestarchief has a reputation beyond reputestarchief has a reputation beyond reputestarchief has a reputation beyond reputestarchief has a reputation beyond reputestarchief has a reputation beyond reputestarchief has a reputation beyond repute
1 likes received

Users Flag! Originally from scotland. Users Flag! Expat in egypt.

I live just off Hegaz Street. Heliopolis is fine to stay in. You have the British Club. There's a large section of Christians and foreigners. It's fairly wealthy but mostly Egyptian, so not that expensive. Hegaz and the offshoot streets have plenty of restaurants, clubs, gardens etc etc, plus a dirt-cheap tram system straight to the centre of Cairo (although you'll probably only need to go to pay the odd bill or see the Museum). Unless you would like to be in a mostly ex-pat community, out in the desert (I've also got a flat there which I love at weekends but it's not really 'Egypt'), I'd suggest getting a place around here.