Let's introduce ourselves. - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 25th November 2009, 04:59 PM

hussein is on a distinguished road
1 likes received

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in egypt.

Hello,

I am half Egyptian, half American, born and raised in the US and currently living in Washington,DC. As my wife, who is full Egyptian but also born and raised in the US, recently had a baby we would like to move to Egypt for a while so our child can learn Arabic, spend time with family and be accustomed with the country. We speak Fluent conversational Arabic but its "broken" as they say and we would also welcome the opportunity to improve our Arabic. We go to Egypt every couple years or so and enjoy the country so much-- especially the amount of outdoor activites available such as diving, hiking, and spending time in the Oasis'. We would love to come and join groups of people who want to futher an outdoorsy culture outside of the expensive clubs (nady).

I work in IT management as the head of IT of a global firm- but sadly they do not have a presence in Egypt. I have posted in the Egypt jobs section for some advice on finding a expat job in Egypt.

Looking forward to participating on these forums and to hopefully join you all in Egypt!

Best,
Hussein

PS- I am trying very hard not to take offense to all the references of "NO EGYPTIAN MEN" I do understand where this sentiment is coming from, but still find it a bit offensive and dismissive.