Any physician from usa moving to or living in dubai - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 16th October 2013, 01:44 PM
zaytoona

Quote:
Originally Posted by drskg View Post
Thanks zaytoona for such an informative post. It has really helped me in understanding the job pay scale system over at dubai. As i mentioned earlier i have been working as a consultant hospitalist in USA for last 3 years( time since my board certification in IM). Currently i am making more then 300k USD. I don't have any offer or contract from any employer from UAE yet. I tried to contact some recruiters but not much of help. Can you tell me about the recruiters or hospitals you contacted ?
Sure, I have to talk with my husband about it because some of the information comes directly from his medical school colleagues that work at these places. If it's alright with them then I'll send you a PM about it.

As for recruiters I'd recommend a Google search for "Recruiters for physician positions in UAE." From there you're going to get a whole ton of links with lists of jobs for physicians at various places to look through. I think you mentioned you've already done this and contacted a few recruiters so you'd probably have the same information I have too because that's the way we did it.

I have to warn you though that once they get your information the recruiters are always spamming your email inbox with job opportunities. So check your spam filters. The subject will say "scheduling interviews" or "interview opportunity". Then the body of the email will be like this:

Quote:
"Hospitalist opportunities are available with "Name of Hospital" in Dubai. You will join an established hospitalist team with 24/7 coverage and enjoy a well-balanced lifestyle.
- Focus on patient centered care
- Board certified or board eligible in internal medicine
- Visa sponsorship available
- Incentive bonus opportunities for meeting service standards and specific performance metrics
May we send you additional information?"
Then if you're interested in the position you reply to them. They send you more information and you begin a correspondence with them directly.

Last edited by zaytoona; 16th October 2013 at 01:52 PM.