View Single Post
Old 7th October 2009, 07:20 PM

oddball will become famous soon enoughoddball will become famous soon enough
1 likes received

Users Flag! Expat in thailand.
Smile Moving to Pucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by summo View Post
My wife and I are thinking of moving to phuket, I am a trainer in fitness and also workplace training and assessment, oHS and security.

My main aim is to move to phuket and train at tiger with ray elbe and muay thai instructors.

I am semi retired and receive a pension of about 50000 baht a month.

Is this enough to live on, we are simple people and i will be training much of the time and then relaxing in the evenings.

Cheers Paul and fu
Well , you should do a lot of searching on conditions for expats in Thailand , to retire there you have to show proof of B800,000 in a Thai bank account , the equivelent in guaranteed income or a combination of both , If you qualify for this on arrival and later drop below these requirements , you can be immediatly expelled from the country .
B50,000 is an okay sum on which to live , provided you live a reasonably conservative life , Thailand is not cheap any more and there are many pitfalls you will need to look out for until you learn the ropes , your training with Ray Elbe will be the easier of the two .
Amongst the expats , Pucket is known as the armpit of Thailand although it has its good merits also , it tends to be dirty with polluted beaches because the Thai tend to throw their garbage all over the beach and it is mostly only Farang who cares about cleaning it up .
It is very dificult to get a work permit in Thailand because Thailand is for the Thai , you cannot own a house or land and the story goes on , been there , done that . Oh , the Thaiwise will paint a different , picture so do a lot of research , better to be disapointed than thoroughly 'P'd off .