A Lighter Topic - View Single Post
Thread: A Lighter Topic
View Single Post
Old 26th September 2013, 02:23 AM

M.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond repute
2137 likes received
6749 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.
Default Tips family members give

Quote:
Originally Posted by raconnor View Post
Mikey is right from what I've seen... here in Manila most restaurants automatically put a service charge on the bill, especially the places that expats are likely to frequent.

If they put a service charge on the bill, I don't tip. If they don't automatically put a service charge on the bill, I usually leave 10% or so (usually between 100 and 200 pesos, depending on where my family eats).

I actually asked my in-laws the same question when I came here for the first time and when the in-laws are out and about, they said they usually tip whatever coins they got back from paying the bill, typically between 2 and 20 pesos, if they tip at all.

My wife, on the other hand, is on either side of the spectrum. If she liked the service, she leaves quite a hefty tip. If she wasn't pleased (for whatever reason), no tip at all. No middle ground with her. Her philosophy goes towards all kinds of people...waiters, bag boys, taxi drivers, etc..

That's my experience with family they give that same amount around 20 Peso's or less.

I am not a regulated immigration adviser. I am offering an opinion and not advice. Check here for professional help with the Philippine Bureau of Immigration PBI https://www.facebook.com/officialbureauofimmigration or Philippine Retirement Authority PRA for an SRRV Visa https://pra.gov.ph/contact/ Always stay alert and don't let your guard down.