A Lighter Topic - View Single Post
Thread: A Lighter Topic
View Single Post
Old 25th September 2013, 09:29 AM

pac is a name known to allpac is a name known to allpac is a name known to allpac is a name known to allpac is a name known to allpac is a name known to all
52 likes received
28 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raconnor View Post
Mikey is right from what I've seen... here in Manila most restaurants automatically put a service charge on the bill, especially the places that expats are likely to frequent.

If they put a service charge on the bill, I don't tip. If they don't automatically put a service charge on the bill, I usually leave 10% or so (usually between 100 and 200 pesos, depending on where my family eats).

I actually asked my in-laws the same question when I came here for the first time and when the in-laws are out and about, they said they usually tip whatever coins they got back from paying the bill, typically between 2 and 20 pesos, if they tip at all.

My wife, on the other hand, is on either side of the spectrum. If she liked the service, she leaves quite a hefty tip. If she wasn't pleased (for whatever reason), no tip at all. No middle ground with her. Her philosophy goes towards all kinds of people...waiters, bag boys, taxi drivers, etc..
raconner? I kinda like the approach of ur lady already, black and white, good or not, tip or not.She has amazingly percetptive vision, includes humanitites, then lays the $ down.

Gotta' love that!