Moving to NZ - View Single Post
Thread: Moving to NZ
View Single Post
Old 5th September 2013, 03:33 PM

escapedtonz will become famous soon enoughescapedtonz will become famous soon enough
837 likes received
21 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from england. Users Flag! Expat in newzealand.

These are the problems I foresee :-

To be eligible to apply for residency under the family stream - as the parent of an NZ Resident or Citizen, your adult child and sponsor (who I assume has secured NZ Residency or Permanent Residency due to being married to an NZ citizen), must have been a Resident in NZ for at least 3 years to meet the eligibility to be a sponsor and as you stated she has only been there 18 months!

I doubt your son-in-law can be classed as your adult child and sponsor so with that you would have to wait another 18 months until your daughter becomes eligible to sponsor you.....assuming INZ don't move the goal posts in the mean time!!!

I'd say your only other option is to get a visa on your own merit if you are eligible.

Immigration New Zealand
EOI submitted Jan 2010. ITA Jan 2010. ITA submitted Apr 2010. RV approved June 2011. Passports stickered and back to us Aug 2011. Secured job Dec 2011. Arrived Mar 2012. PRV Mar 2014......now eligible for citizenship but at $1175 Yeah but Nah!!!