Need advice about a Mammogram at the Costa Del Sol Hospital, Marbella, Málaga please - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 1st September 2013, 03:46 PM

mrypg9 has a reputation beyond reputemrypg9 has a reputation beyond reputemrypg9 has a reputation beyond reputemrypg9 has a reputation beyond reputemrypg9 has a reputation beyond reputemrypg9 has a reputation beyond reputemrypg9 has a reputation beyond reputemrypg9 has a reputation beyond reputemrypg9 has a reputation beyond reputemrypg9 has a reputation beyond reputemrypg9 has a reputation beyond repute
6128 likes received
3610 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from england. Users Flag! Expat in spain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pesky Wesky View Post
Another plus for Andalucia it seems!!
As we have often commented on the forum, I am more than happy with the SS here as they have saved my daughter's life twice (meningitis and accute appendicitis with a two week hospital stay) but have found the bedside manner sadly lacking.Drop dead gorgeous ditto.
We have been seen by pretty efficient doctors, but only one doctor in 25 years has spoken to me in English. Not that I'm complaining, just noting that some areas have more English speakers than others.

Mary, follow doctor's orders. And Sandra's!!
Enjoy what's left of the good weather, and rest all that is needed.
Seriously, though, in my many visits to CdS Hospital I haven't seen one person, doctor, nurse, orderly, clerical staff, over forty-five to fifty. I honestly don't think older people could stand the stress.

Interestingly, one of the nurses to whom I mentioned how downright 'nice' everyone was said something about it being because they were Spanish...and southern.

Because I thought I'd be there for ages I took a thin but 'weighty' paperback copy of Mill's 'On Liberty'. One of the doctors passing by saw what I was reading and we had a brief conversation about British traditions of individual liberty versus 'society'. Imagine a doctor in Scunthorpe discussing Santayana with a Spanish patient! Although I guess it could happen..

Sandra isn't in much of a state to do anything herself today. She got a kick in the ribs from a fairly large dog she picked up at the perrera on Thursday and can't move without groaning. Having broken two ribs last year I sympathise.

A pair of ancianas..