Salary and offer/package questions - Part 2 - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 29th August 2013, 05:24 AM

fcjb1970 has a reputation beyond reputefcjb1970 has a reputation beyond reputefcjb1970 has a reputation beyond reputefcjb1970 has a reputation beyond reputefcjb1970 has a reputation beyond reputefcjb1970 has a reputation beyond reputefcjb1970 has a reputation beyond reputefcjb1970 has a reputation beyond reputefcjb1970 has a reputation beyond reputefcjb1970 has a reputation beyond reputefcjb1970 has a reputation beyond repute
381 likes received
70 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in uae.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExArab View Post
Thank you for that feedback. The clothes piece was only for me. Ideally, I will ship them somehow via Amazon. US is the Mecca for shopping as far as I am concerned. If my wife wants to buy even more than she has then she'll have to get a job
I think your numbers are realistic, and actually maybe in overestimates (which is good) for what you are considering. The thing that is missing, and it seems everyone does this, is what about big ticket items. I assume you will want to take some holidays while here, and maybe some long weekends to the other coast. Also those things like phones, maybe a new computer or iPad, a TV, etc. (you get the picture). Also what about normal weekend entertainment, dinner and a movie will easily set you back AED 300+ (without wine, in a good restaurant nothing fancy). Ski Dubai for two people AED 400...

And if you plan on shipping from the USA, this is also a substantial cost