Salary and offer/package questions - Part 2 - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 28th August 2013, 05:44 PM

de Mexicaan has a reputation beyond reputede Mexicaan has a reputation beyond reputede Mexicaan has a reputation beyond reputede Mexicaan has a reputation beyond reputede Mexicaan has a reputation beyond reputede Mexicaan has a reputation beyond reputede Mexicaan has a reputation beyond reputede Mexicaan has a reputation beyond reputede Mexicaan has a reputation beyond reputede Mexicaan has a reputation beyond reputede Mexicaan has a reputation beyond repute
45 likes received
9 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from netherlands. Users Flag! Expat in uae.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExArab View Post

I have taken a stab at coming up with numbers in AED on a monthly and yearly basis assuming that rent can be taken as a yearly expense (even though you may pay in 2 or 4 payments). Items with an asterisk are considered a one time expense. The numbers for the car are based on buying it and includes the down payment and the potential monthly payments. I have attached my little spreadsheet as a.jpg attachment. I promise there are no viruses

As stated earlier, some of these expenses assume a one time charge like rent and furnishing the apartment (my rent estimate includes the 5% charge for that random fee). This is built around 2 people living a decent lifestyle (wife and I). My plan is to be initially in Dubai for 2 years and then think extension based on that experience. For those first two years, I have no plans on getting an expensive car or renting a villa. I don't spend much on drinks and prefer to eat at home.

Lastly, this is based on a package expectation of 460,000 AED yearly (38,333 AED monthly). This is inclusive of base and living allowance but leaving aside the bonus and end of service gratuity). My breakdown for base versus living allowance assumes that my base would be AED 312205 (yearly) and my living allowance would be AED 146920 (yearly).

Please review and let me know if I missed anything major in terms of expenses.

Feedback is welcome and appreciated.
I don't think you missed major expenses, as you don't have children. You seem to be conservative on clothes, they are not really cheap here. If you already take the 5% rent fee in your apartment budget, you will probably spend less on DEWA. on the other hand you may have to include chiller charges, depending on the location you will chose to live.