Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Travel Options while Processing Visa 101

540 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  NB 
#1 ·
Hi Friends,

Visa processing 101 for new born child outside Australia is around 16 - 22 months. Can someone advise if there any other visa where my kid ( new born) can travel to Australia with us and stay, while 101 is being processed.

Kindly advise.

Regards

#2 ·
Apply for a tourist visa
If you get the visa without further stay conditions, then you can apply for the baby PR in Australia so the baby will get a Bridging visa

Cheers

#3 ·
Thanks dear. Is it possible that I can file a 101 visa for the child and in parallel file tourist visa or it does not go parallel.

Secondly, if I manage to get a tourist visa ( for the child) and enter Australia, only then can I file bridging visa or the child has to leave Australia to file bridging visa.

#4 ·
To get a bridging visa, the applicant, in this case your baby has to be in Australia when making the visa application
You cannot get a bridging visa if you are not in Australia when applying but travel to Australia at a later date

Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.