Water Pumps/Water Tanks Refurbished - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 20th July 2020, 10:08 PM

bigpearl is a splendid one to beholdbigpearl is a splendid one to beholdbigpearl is a splendid one to beholdbigpearl is a splendid one to beholdbigpearl is a splendid one to beholdbigpearl is a splendid one to beholdbigpearl is a splendid one to beholdbigpearl is a splendid one to behold
1151 likes received
1321 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from australia. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C.A. View Post
Steve if it's the Green colored electric water pump I have the same one and it's made in Italy, it's a high quality pump and they can be rebuilt, I had mine rebuilt after 6 years it needed new bearings.
Thanks Marks for that but unfortunately because we are on the beach the pump is badly rusted and yes sounds like the bearings are going even though its sounded like that for 3 years, no idea how old but past its use by date I'm sure hence the back up and 3 to 4 K pesos cheaper than several retailers we looked at for an equivalent pump.

I shipped a few auto pump controllers with our stuff when we moved and I will instal one on the new pump. The new, now 15 months old 40 gallon s/s receiver is rusting and starting to weep in a couple of places and at 4 K a pop we don't need another purchase. I have no idea how many of these the old owner replaced but my thoughts are that the quality of these s/s tanks is rubbish even though they are sold as 304 grade, who knows but also 304 s/s doesn't like salt so these products get hit from the salt air plus our deep well has a 200 parts per million of salt
I won't throw the old pump out, see how much for a rebuild etc.
The joys of living on the beach.

Cheers, Steve.