NZ step by Step - View Single Post
Thread: NZ step by Step
View Single Post
Old 19th February 2020, 12:18 AM

Salahmtc is on a distinguished road
1 likes given

Dear Escapedtonz,

Thanks again for your reply.

The reason i made myself the principal applicant is the experience. I can collect more points for my experience than my wife. But both of us holding a PhD degree. My wife has PhD degree in Psychology.

We both collected 185 points.
Partner 20 points

We don't have work experience in NZ neither qualifying NZ study experience. I also found it very hard to get a job offer in NZ while we are overseas as all the employers required a valid NZ Visa to give you job offer. (I dont know how some people can get Job offer while they are overseas!)

When we first apply to NZ, we selected Skilled Migrant Category Resident Visa
they didn't mention about JSV. Indeed, they wrote This visa is for you if you want to live in New Zealand permanently and you have skills that can contribute to New Zealandís economic growth. Your application is more likely to be accepted if you have employment in an area in which New Zealand has a skills shortage.

When i sent my application they invited me to apply for Residence NOT for JSV. Nevertheless, if they want to give me JSV, they really should consider to give the same to my partner as well. if Not, why they bother me asking 1000 of questions and proves of partnership?! why they asked to do assessment for my partner qualifications?? why they asked to provide partner police reports and medical checkup??

I have lost a lot of money for this application, i never expect i will end with JSV!!

if this is the truth, it is the ugliest truth!