UK visit visa refused - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 16th February 2020, 02:04 PM

Greeny21 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by clever-octopus View Post
If you want my honest opinion, I don't think she will ever get a visit visa. She is a minor with both of her parents living in the UK on whom she is dependent financially. There is nothing at all she can do to demonstrate that she has stronger ties to the Philippines than the UK, because that simply isn't the truth of the situation.

The sooner she gets to the UK as your spouse visa dependent, the better. She can continue on as a spouse visa dependent if she turns 18 whilst in the UK, but ONLY if she started on a dependent visa before her 18th birthday, and in that time (the 5 years between the initial visa and her eligibility for settlement), she needs to still be a member of your household. She can't have formed an independent life in that time.

HI cleveroctopus

I am thinking to apply for her settlement visa mid next year after I apply for my PR which Im due Feb 2021, due to financial issue. May i ask, if I apply her as my dependant on spouse visa, does she also need to renew it after 2.5 years? Until she reach 5years and apply for Permanent residency?

Thank you so much for your kind reply