Consider Navarra, as it offers different climates and terrains, and plenty of hiking trails.
I have only been on vacation to the area, so canīt comment on what it's like to live there.
Originally Posted by nlarsp
What we're looking for:
- A rural area within about an hour drive of a large town/city. Eventually we hope to buy a country home with space for horses and a large garden, but we still want to be near a town with amenities like a proper hospital, restaurants etc.
- LGBT friendly (we are 2 ladies, married to each other)
- Reliable internet of some sort (We're ok with going satellite if necessary)
- A green area, nature, hiking. We love mountains and forests, we're not so much beach people.
- Nice weather, We don't mind rainstorms, but we'd like to avoid areas with constant overcast and drizzle. We like our sunshine!
Some areas we've been looking at:
- The area around Cuenca
- The mountainous area north of Madrid
Any recommendations are super welcome! Especially if you can include both the pros and the cons of your area