View Single Post
Old 3rd February 2020, 01:42 PM

skywalker/ is on a distinguished road
2 likes received
2 likes given

Default Summer Rentals High

Hi Solo

Just my experience.....

Tourist areas charge mental prices in the high season, the biggest rental platform is booking.com, then follows air b and b, home and away (Owners Direct), etc etc. Booking.com charge the highest commission at 15% plus payment charges, so naturally these prices are the highest, though big hotels do run special deals to cover their fixed costs in the low season (crazy low - worth a look in those lower months).

You are looking for a 3 month stint which hits the key 'money making months', so you need to shop around for the areas which are not so horrific. I would do a compare/ contrast on booking/air b and b to identify deals on a spreadsheet.

My other half is Spanish - Murica is quite reasonable as I understand, Sevilla you will melt as its soooo hot in the summer, Valencia is a City (not a tourist area and not an attraction as such as the other locations on your list). Girona is similar to Valencia...not a tourist attraction, not something to go mad about.

I have a touristic apartment in Benahavis, close to Marbella (Malaga), and prices rocket, its unbelievable. Often the Spanish rent out apartments on long-term contracts but exclude July and August, as they can charge crazy rates for these two months, anything from 1,500 to 2,500 per WEEK.

Your chosen areas area all very different so you need to ask what to you want to achieve and what you are looking for.

For cheaper rents I suggest looking again at your areas and then look at the lower end rental platforms (as you already noted) like air b and b, Owners Direct, where the commission is lower (3% circa), you could find some deals as there is a mass of accommodation especially generally (again depends in areas). Note a 3 month stint which includes the high season will not qualify for the lower rents ( you got that point). You could negotiate (change your own linens/ mid cleans etc) which might reduce your price.

Hope this helps!