Sponsorship by a Family Member - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 18th January 2020, 05:59 PM

Crawford has a reputation beyond reputeCrawford has a reputation beyond reputeCrawford has a reputation beyond reputeCrawford has a reputation beyond reputeCrawford has a reputation beyond reputeCrawford has a reputation beyond reputeCrawford has a reputation beyond reputeCrawford has a reputation beyond reputeCrawford has a reputation beyond reputeCrawford has a reputation beyond reputeCrawford has a reputation beyond repute
803 likes received
16 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in usa.

Your US relatives cannot be your main sponsor. Your wife must be your main sponsor.

There are financial requirements and if your wife cannot meet these (this is usually the case where the s ponsor is NOT living in the US at time of petition) then she can have a joint sponsor; and that can be any US relative or friend.

Read the following website carefully (taken from the USCIS website) and come back with further questions.

https://my.uscis.gov/exploremyoption...ion_for_spouse

The whole process - from the initial petition to actually obtaining the visa - takes approx 12 months.

(The London Embassy currently carried out Direct Consular filing which reduces the process to about 6 months, but this service is discontinuing this year I understand)