Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Javea - Montgo

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  xabiaxica 
#1 ·
Hello,

I've been contemplating buying a property in Javea.
Looking at the map (street view) I noticed that most the roads in the Montgo area, and actually on all the south facing versants of Montgo are very narrow. Two midsize cars don't seem to fit on those roads...

What do you do when a car approaches from the opposite direction?

#5 ·
You have a good look at the person in the driving seat of the approaching car.

If it's a Brit you both sit there for 5 mins politely signalling that the other person is welcome to pass. This deadlock lasts until one gets bored.

If it's a Russian.....

If it's a German.....

If it's a .....

You actually just work it out at the time because nobody goes by any rule and most probably don't know them. The standard of driving in Javea is awful but then there are usually a lot of tourists here who may not be sure where they are going, and it alway seems like they don't.

#7 ·
Huh, I might not want to deal with those roads unless I can get one of Bond's flying cars.

I noticed that the roads around El Tosalet are somewhat normal in size.
How do the areas compare, Montgo vs El Tosalet?
Climate ?
Safety ?

The main attraction for Mongo was the mountain proximity and the milder winter climate (from what I read).

#8 ·
The Tosalet urb was rather more 'planned', so roads on the urb are wider. That doesn't mean that the roads around it, & to get to it are.

Wherever you are in the hills around Jávea - or any town in this area & likely the entire country, there will be some narrow roads to navigate, just as there are in more rural areas in any country.

Montgó does shelter us in Jávea somewhat. There are some parts that regulary get overnight frost though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.