Variation of travel conditions and giving birth for Australians in NZ - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 15th January 2020, 08:14 PM

escapedtonz will become famous soon enoughescapedtonz will become famous soon enough
865 likes received
21 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from england. Users Flag! Expat in newzealand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noskich23 View Post
Thank you for your answer. Sorry, but I thought that Australian citizens are treated equally as New Zealand permanent residents, I checked online and we are eligible for public medical care. Why would pregnancy be a reason for rejection of entry when Australians are treated as more or less permanent residence of NZ? Of course we don't have any criminal history nor medical issues.
Yes, I agree that you are treated the same, however the difference is that you are not here now. A pregnant lady may not necessarily meet all of the criteria for entry and you should check before travelling irrespective that as Aus Citizens you have the right to live study and work in NZ.....even though that is the case, all AUS Citizen entrants still have criteria to meet before they are handed an NZ Resident Visa - e.g. you must be of good character, you must meet a minimum acceptable standard of health etc etc.
Nothing is a guarantee unless it is in your hand and I am merely pointing that out.
EOI submitted Jan 2010. ITA Jan 2010. ITA submitted Apr 2010. RV approved June 2011. Passports stickered and returned Aug 2011. Secured job Dec 2011. Arrived Mar 2012. PRV Mar 2014..........Citizenship applications submitted June 2020!!!