Documents needed when driving in Spain: A valid driver's licence (Driver must be over - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 9th January 2020, 08:52 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Xàbia/Jávea (so good they named it twice!) since 2003
xabiaxica has a reputation beyond reputexabiaxica has a reputation beyond reputexabiaxica has a reputation beyond reputexabiaxica has a reputation beyond reputexabiaxica has a reputation beyond reputexabiaxica has a reputation beyond reputexabiaxica has a reputation beyond reputexabiaxica has a reputation beyond reputexabiaxica has a reputation beyond reputexabiaxica has a reputation beyond reputexabiaxica has a reputation beyond repute
11448 likes received
5138 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from england. Users Flag! Expat in spain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megsmum View Post
I read this

There are two different scenarios to which the law applies:

My understanding from my policía was fairly straightforward forward, after two years a Spanish licence is required. In fact, I know of two U.K. nationals who were stopped and warned about this as they were known to be resident

https://www.expatica.com/es/living/t...icense-473563/
Afaik there have been no changes to the law since 2015, when the categories of your licence were all-important - as it says on the link you posted, & the quote. Of course some police officers will ignore that, or not know or care about the 'fine print', & insist that everyone change it.

General advice has always been to just do it anyway, & it's all about to become moot, with holders of a UK issued driving licence having to take a driving test just like all other non-EU citizens.

Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

Last edited by xabiaxica; 10th January 2020 at 10:29 AM.