Open to suggestions - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 1st January 2020, 07:52 PM

ALKB has a reputation beyond reputeALKB has a reputation beyond reputeALKB has a reputation beyond reputeALKB has a reputation beyond reputeALKB has a reputation beyond reputeALKB has a reputation beyond reputeALKB has a reputation beyond reputeALKB has a reputation beyond reputeALKB has a reputation beyond reputeALKB has a reputation beyond reputeALKB has a reputation beyond repute
299 likes received
163 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from germany. Users Flag! Expat in germany.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMHC View Post
We are American living in Nevada.
Once we chose a place there will be planning involved ofx. This is in the idea phase still. We would plan to learn the language after we decided on the where. I have considered the other facts as well but again, having a place in mind would assist in knowing what obstacles we must overcome.
You might want to post this in the Italy forum, where you may find Americans who have done something similar.

The USA forum is more for people seeking to move to the US, not away from it

I agree with Bev, European countries in general will often require you to either have a (high skilled, high paid) job with an employer willing and able to sponsor you or to invest serious money.

I think Malta offers residence permits, if you buy real estate with a price tag of 275k or more (I think it's 220k if moving to Gozo or southern Malta but I haven't looked it up just now) but they still require steady, sufficient income and flat rate tax payments of 15k per year - I doubt that 2000 USD/per month would be what they are looking for.

In short, employment, university studies or marriage are the most straight forward routes.

I have disabled my DM function. I have been unwell and can't guarantee to be able to respond in a timely manner. Please post questions to the forums.