Philippine Language - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 1st January 2020, 10:46 AM

M.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond repute
2224 likes received
7113 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.

86% speak English LOL... not in my region they barely understand the words that are coming out of my mouth and for sure even if they understand some English the conversation going to be limited and then you'll be talking to yourself.

Just from my experience and this includes my in-laws who I thought understood me for at least a decade but it turns out they understood very little of our previous conversations they just ? They didn't' want to hurt the relationship or tried to understand as best they could without letting me know that I was basically talking to myself... So my best guess is that probably only 30% can understand English enough to get by with basic conversations and maybe a little bit more advanced discussions.

My youngest son is in an 8th grade private school and I asked him how many of his classmates can speak English and it turns out less than half.

Reminds me, I need to set aside an hour per day to learn the Tagalog language.

I am not a regulated immigration adviser. I am offering an opinion and not advice. Check here for professional help with the Philippine Bureau of Immigration PBI https://www.facebook.com/officialbureauofimmigration or Philippine Retirement Authority PRA for an SRRV Visa https://pra.gov.ph/contact/ Always stay alert and don't let your guard down.