Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Claiming 10 points for partner that is a permanent resident / citizen

827 views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  Mohammed786 
#1 ·
I always had my EOI as defacto and I never remembered a question ever being asked if my partner was a citizen or not. I logged in the other day to update my EOI after the point change and saw that this question was now introduced, the question was not filled so I ticked yes and submitted my EOI. This updated my DOE which really frustrated me.

I contacted ISCAH asking if this was intended, they mentioned that the question "Is your partner an Australian permanent resident or citizen?" was always there and your EOI would've automatically updated with no change of DOE.

Which is the case of others??? really upset about my DOE change, hoping to shed some light if it's intended or not.

#2 · (Edited)
Sent an email to SkillSelect support over 3 weeks ago, no response.

I called the helpdesk. I mentioned that I updated my EOI to answer the new question "Is your partner an Australian PR or Citizen" and my DOE changed. He responded that whenever you update your EOI your DOE will change and because I answered a new question my DOE would've changed (what???). I mentioned that singles were awarded 10 points without a DOE change, he then put me on hold and said he'll look up the information they have available, when he got back to me he said "I'm unable to find any information that the DOE wouldn't have changed for singles". I told him that this wasn't the case, the 10 points were awarded without a DOE change and for my case (Australian Partner) I should've also been awarded 10 points without a DOE change. He put me on hold again and then hung up on the call or the call disconnected.

It's shocking how incorrect the information they provide. Not sure what my next steps/options here are.

#3 ·
Applicants have never been able to claim partner points for a partner who is an Australian citizen/PR, so you wouldn't be able to even with the new change.

#4 ·
#6 ·
This is very unfortunate. There is nearly nothing you can do but wait. I reckon there are many similar EOI issues after this 16th Nov change. Hope they can be reported to DHA and DHA could find a way to handle these issues. Really what can you do now....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.