Anyone moved to Canada because they were unhappy in their home country? - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 3rd December 2019, 02:03 PM

Shrike is on a distinguished road
1 likes received
11 likes given

Lightbulb Anyone moved to Canada because they were unhappy in their home country?

I've generally not been that happy anywhere in the UK. Just want point that out right off the bat. I don't have a bad life necessarily, and recently it's picked up for the better. Probably looking like the best it's ever been heading into 2020.

I've just always wanted more and there's something inherent to British society that never worked for me. Class system? Stroppy personalities?

Who knows. But what I do know is that we take our problems with us, and although I've always wanted to more country since I was 17 (I'm now nearly 40), I've never really did it. Always thought just moving around the UK would help.

I'm in London these days. Better money here. About to buy second home. No kids but engaged with 10 year partner and could have kids any year now though we're both unsure where to settle with them.

Part of me would so love to be somewhere less dense like Canada. Maybe Vancouver in the burbs where we would road trip to the US. Have real mountains and incredible outdoors nearby - (I'm done subscribing to 300m hills or endless fields as being worth hours of driving to walk around).

Too told to dream of a new life with kids in a new land, or has anyone experienced anything similar and actually been happier after moving?