UX designer with Bachelors degree in Electronics_ANZSCO, VETASSESS, Others :) - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 19th November 2019, 06:08 PM

Varsha Mandapalli is on a distinguished road

Default UX designer with Bachelors degree in Electronics_ANZSCO, VETASSESS, Others :)

Hello everybody,

My name is Varsha. I'm new here and have recently decided to apply for Australia Skilled Visa. I did some research but have a TONS of questions. Please help me out. I decided to do this on my own rather than a consultancy.

A little bit of my background -
I have done bachelors degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering (2014 passed out) and have work experience of 5+ years as UX Designer (I know, very different fields). I checked my eligibility and I have 75 points.

My questions are-
1. I'm going with ANZSCO Code - 232414 Web Designers, as that is near to my responsibilities. Will this code work? Anybody on the same boat as me?

2. With the above code, I have eligibility only for Skilled Nominated visa 190. It shows I cannot apply for 189. Is this right?

3. Is it mandatory to take VETASSESS? If yes, I will only consider my UX Design experience and apply in the same. Will that be okay? Any other requirements for applying VETASSES? (sorry if this was a silly question)

4. How long will the process take? I read some take 5-6months and some take few years :/

I know it is a bit long but feel free to drop a comment whenever you are free. Any suggestions/thoughts from you will help me a lot

Have a great day, you all